the duckyblog

Thursday, December 30, 2004

Star Wars

As you may have guessed from the title, I watched Star Wars today!

Richard came over this afternoon and, rather than deal with the pain and agony of ad breaks interupting the crucial bits of drama,

("I am your father"

*Cheery jingle*
"Buy Pizza Hut! Everybody likes pizza"
*Cheery jingle*

"No... No.... Noooooooooo")

he brought the DVD with him.

I remember the first time I saw Star Wars, my Dad took me to see it when it first came out, then there was the anxious wait for the other episodes, getting the videos for Christmas so I could watch them any time I wanted, and finally the crushing disappointment at Episodes 1 and 2, but that's another story.

So Richard and I watched the DVD, and then, because we clearly hadn't had enough jedi action for one day, we watched The Empire Strikes Back as well. We could have gone for Return of the Jedi and done all three, but we could think of better things to do by that point.

I've already promised to take Richard to see Episode 3 when it comes out in May, and then we can do all 6! in one day! wouldn't that just be sooo cool! Who wants to join me?

3 Comments:

  • At 10:34 PM, Blogger Lewis said…

    Actually, I would. How long's this been up? How come Teradud hasn't pounced upon this like a cat upon the twitching remains of a baby mouse?

     
  • At 11:07 AM, Blogger Dauve said…

    Because unlike you, I'm not still on the computer at half past ten at night :)

    And yes, I'll join you! We can all go! I suggest all the people from the London trip last wednesday, possibly more :)

     
  • At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you must be joking

     

Post a Comment

<< Home