the duckyblog

Saturday, October 23, 2004

Today I had my own version of the dud's trips to London!

Except it was a rather more difficult affair seeing as I am now living in a town over 50 miles away. I got up at 7:38 to let in my scout who was banging on the door (and who always seems to arrive 2 minutes before my alarm goes off). Then I went to my 9am lecture, which was very interesting, Complex Numbers and Ordinary Differential Equations. I came back from them, collected my laundry from the machines in which I'd left it washing and drying overnight, took it back to my room and hopped on an Oxford Tube coach to London.

An hour and a half later I was at Victoria coach station. I got the train home then walked up to my house and let myself in, to discover my little sister sitting eating lunch (apparently it's half term). She was a little surprised to see me as well; I had neglected to tell anyone I was coming home. I was at home for roughly 7 minutes whilst I grabbed some non leaky shoes (it's surprising how few of them I seem to have brought with me), and some clean clothes, before legging it down to West Dulwich station to get the train to Kent House. From Kent House I, again, legged it to Clock House and hopped on the train to West Wickham.

On arriving at West Wickham, I wandered down to Richard's house and rang the bell. He opened the door and stood there in shock for several minutes. Clearly he was also expecting me to be in Oxford. I had a lovely day with him before getting the coach back up to Oxford late at night.

Time spent travelling today: 7 hours and 15 minutes
Time spent with Richard: 4 hours and 52 minutes
The look on Richard's face: priceless

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home