the duckyblog

Saturday, July 31, 2004

El Blog d´Éspaña (part one)

Hola dear readers!
 
Here I am in Spain! Oh, it's so exciting. Hannah (who is currently peering over my shoulder) says hi. I am currently camping here at Camping del Masset with my friend Sarah, her little sister Hannah (and their parents) and our friend Theo (and his parents). My little sister Helen sadly could not join us as she is off doing good works in Romania, but Stephanie and my mother are here as well.
 
I'd forgotten what camping was like before I arrived. It's been 3 years since I last went on a camping holiday with these people and yet nothing has changed. We go to the swimming pool and splash around in the water, we wander down to the beach, we hang out at our tents and play cards; it's fun, but I'm definately missing something. I can't work out whether it's Helen, Richard, all my friends, cool weather, or just home.
 
Speaking of cool weather, it's sooo hot here. Our tent is made of dark material so it gets sweltering inside during the day. You pop in to pick up a hairbrush or something and emerge 10 seconds later bright red, gasping for breath, and sweating like a pig. As if that's not enough, the whole campsite is built on a series of hills; forget the seven hills of Rome, they were mere molehills compared to these  mountains. To get to our tent from the beach you have to climb no fewer than FOUR hills! This morning I got out of bed, walked down two hills to go to the shop to buy bread, discovered I didn't need to buy bread, walked back up the two hills, had breakfast, walked down the two hills to the washrooms, walked back up to the tent to get money for the internet, walked down to the internet place, discovered I didn't have the right money, walked back up to the tent, came down again with the right money, and started blogging to you people. I really hope you appreciate this effort!!! If you were counting during that, you will find that already this morning I have climbed 8 hills and it's only 11:40. By the end of this holiday, not only will I be tanned but toned as well by all this excercise.
 
I see now that Richard has finally recovered from his tonsillitus and departed for wherever it is he is off to. If anyone wishes to talk to me, I will probably be online at some point between 10 and 12 (English time - we're an hour ahead) the day after tomorrow, that'll be the 2nd august.
 
So, what else has been happening since I last blogged? I hear you cry.
 
Helen and I had a fun day out at the park on monday, going boating and suchlike with Colin and Rohan. Tuesday: I spent all day packing; realising as the evening wore on that I lacked such essentials as a bikini and all the shops were now shut. I'm still attempting to locate one here in Begur. Wednesday: I said farewell to a rather sleepy Richard (over the phone!!! for those of you who do not have such pure minds as I), caught the plane to Spain (where the rain falls mainly on the plain! Oh, I'm so easily amused) and did a little sightseeing in Barcelona (such a beautiful horizon, Barcelona...), including some attepted posing on the lions by Columbus's column which didn't work too well due to the dress and high heeled sandals I was in. Thursday was more sightseeing and lion related posing before we drove to the campsite. Friday we hung out at the campsite having fun, and today I am blogging to you! But now I have run out of time, so goodbye dear readers, until next time.
 
Adieu

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home