the duckyblog

Saturday, July 24, 2004

Wow

Woo! I checked this blog last night to find I had 270 hits, I looked again this morning to discover 377 hits! I can't believe there are so many people reading this thing. Really, I actually can't believe it. Is someone out there just constantly refreshing this page?
 
So Richard came over on thursday (sorry for stealing him away from the dud-a-thon, guys) and I took him shopping with me and tried on dozens of clothes before deciding to buy 3 skirts, while he amused himself by buying and reading a cookery book. I then attempted to use the cookery book to cook lunch and, for a really easy cookery book, it wasn't that easy.
 
First the recipe called for milk. All the milk in the fridge had gone off, so Richard and I went on a short expedition round to the shop to buy some. I had decided to try eggy bread, so i mixed the milk and eggs together and was about to soak the bread in it when it turned out that the only bread we had was frozen. I tried defrosting the bread in the toaster, but it didn't turn out quite as I'd hoped and instead I ended up with several slices of toast. I started soaking the toast, hoping it would really matter, but having started the first slice of toast soaking I ran into more problems. There were 3 of us so the recipe called for 6 slices of bread; it also said to soak each piece of bread for 20 minutes but, unfortunately, I could only fit one piece at a time into the egg mixture which caused a slight dilemma. Eventually I soaked the first piece of bread for 5 minutes or so, then cooked it whilst soaking the second piece and so on. It seemed to work ok, but then I ran out of egg after 3 slices. There was plenty to go round though because, once again, Richard refused to eat anything.
 
After lunch we retired upstairs where I forced Richard to listen to all the really catchy songs in my music collection such as Ricky Martin - Livin' La Vida Loca, Shakira - Whenever, Wherever and so on until he couldn't take anymore at which point we switched to Virgin radio and spent a pleasant afternoon listening to music and giggling at the ridiculous adverts.
 
Yesterday I went shopping again to find some shorts for Helen to take to Romania with her and then went to church for the youth service practice. Only me, Rachel and Ben turned up and after a while we ran out of things to plan (and Ben kept laughing at my hat) so I came home. Well, I attempted to. I actually got on the non-stop Victoria train rather than my usual stopping Victoria and ended up in - you've guessed it - Victoria. So I went and bought some noodles at the lovely Singapore Sam's in Victoria Place, then happened to see some people I know wandering around the station so I went to the pub with them. I seem to end up in a lot of pubs at the moment...

1 Comments:

  • At 1:06 PM, Blogger Chard said…

    I won't be taking you to any.

    And you hardly forced me. I protested somewhat, but I saw no gun pressed against my temple as you played the tape.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home