the duckyblog

Saturday, July 17, 2004

My new boyfriend

Disclaimer: Anyone who does not wish to know about my new boyfriend, do not read this post.

So I've ended up with yet another new boyfriend that I didn't really want to be going out with. New boyfriend is a friend of ex-boyfriend (who sent me a text on friday saying he "didn't think we were right for each other" - it took him that long to work it out!!!) and invited me out to the cinema on tuesday. I had reservations about going, knowing as I did that - in his mind - this was probably a date, but I thought I could be politely disinterested and it would all be ok.

All through the film I was friendly but nothing more and I emerged from the film feeling triumphant!! This was short lived, however, when he then suggested going to the pub and before my brain even had a chance to react I heard my mouth saying "yeah, that'll be great".
I am a fool!!!! I knew I'd probably not be able to make it out of the pub still in the single state I long to remain in, but it seems to be an automatic reaction of mine to agree to everything said, even if I don't have a clue what has been said.

So we went to the pub and I found myself being steered towards a sofa with no tables free for me to divert us towards.  I was doing alright on the sofa at first, I sat at a respectable distance from him and we chatted about non-committal topics and I almost dared hope that I might emerge from this situation single. However, it was not to be. Inevitably, after a few drinks I felt an arm slide around my shoulders and at that point I knew all was lost.
 
Sophie now tells me that the appropriate response would have been to gently lift his arm from around my shoulders and place it back where it was. At the time I couldn't see any way to get him off me without being rude or making him feel uncomfortable, so I didn't do anything.
 
As we sat there he started gradually pulling me closer and closer towards him. I didn't know how to stop him, he already had his arm round me and I hadn't objected to that so I didn't see how I could really start objecting to being snuggled up to him, and it wasn't that unpleasant. Eventually i could tell he was about to kiss me and since i was already snuggled up to him           with his arm round me and I hadn't objected to anything so far i didn't really see how i could start protesting now. He kissed me and it was horrible. This isn't an unusual event for me, I've kissed a fair few blokes because they wanted to kiss me and I didn't know how to let them down gently and I didn't want to be unkind. However, I have to say that this was the worst kiss I have had since my very first kiss (and everyone's first kiss is fairly unpleasant). It wasn't helped by the fact that I was sitting there thinking "I really don't want to be doing this". Then he asked if he could see me again and, at this point, having led him on so far, I really couldn't say no, so i said yes. He walked me to the station for me to catch the train home and kissed me again, and it wasn't pleasant but I was going out with him now so couldn't exactly refuse. I went out to see a film with a friend and came home with a boyfriend I didn't want, feeling dreadful for leading this poor boy on and angry with myself for allowing myself to get into this predicament when any normal person would have known how to deal with it.
 
I talked to new boyfriend the next day on msn and told him that I thought it would be better if we just stayed friends. I also made some excuse about how I felt it would be really rude to ex-boyfriend to start going out with one of his friends less than a week after we'd broken up.
 
I haven't heard from new boyfriend since, and I probably won't ever again. It's a shame, new boyfriend was going to attempt to convert me to heavy metal music and teach me how to play the guitar, and he is a really nice bloke. If I had been able to let him know I wasn't interested sooner then maybe we could have been friends. He wasn't bad looking either, it's just that I don't want a boyfriend at the moment, maybe not ever. Nunhood is still looking fairly appealing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home