the duckyblog

Thursday, September 30, 2004

Ok, high time I got on with some blogging

Here is a brief rundown of the past 3 weeks.




That was it. Those observant ones amongst you may realise that it was just a blank space. That is because I have been doing nothing.

I've mainly just been seeing Richard a lot, which of course is not really nothing, but I seriously doubt that any of you want to hear about what I've been getting up to with him. For those who are interested, I'm sure I can refer you to some websites that will give you a basic idea...

It was mine and Richard's one month anniversary last friday! He came round bearing avocados and I got him a lampshade (because lying on your back staring up at a bare bulb is not fun) and two Star Wars posters (to cover up his wallpaper). Richard has also shown me the sights of West Wickham but mainly we just hang around at each other's houses. I pop over after school and sit on his doorstep (braving the stares of all the little rood bois and OAPs who are the only occupants of WW) until he gets home and lets me in. Yesterday whilst I was on the doorstep this lovely woman came and asked me if I was locked out and if I'd like to come and sit in her house until someone got home, it was really kind of her.

A couple of weeks ago I went to 14 plus (church youth group) with Richard, which was fun. That was on Thursday and whilst I was there I got invited to parties on Friday and Saturday! Friday was Chris Greenhouse's leaving party which was brilliant! I made Richard drink wine and dance with me and we teased his friends all evening. Occassionally people would shout "Get a room!" at us, but I have no idea why that was. It finished really late so I slept on Richard's sofa then went home the next morning. We finally completed on the flat on Friday (did I mention that I've bought a flat?) so I went over there on Saturday and spent the day cleaning it in preparation for redecorating it. That evening Jess and Chris and Richard and I all went to Dave's party. I don't actually know Dave, but as I was leaving 14 plus Dave's mum invited me to the party, which was enough of an invitation for me. That party was also great. Richard, by now getting really into the whole drinking alcohol thing, drank both the Smirnoff Ice I'd got for him and most of the one I'd got for me as well. We took lots of pictures and videos with his camera and then, because I wanted to sleep in my own bed that night, we went home.

Last week was spent seeing Richard more and doing some really tricky maths questions that Oxford wanted me to do before I arrived. I finally finished them on Friday before Richard arrived and posted them to my new tutor. This week I've been studying some Open University maths modules that Oxford sent me. They're really interesting! I've mainly been looking at the one on Complex numbers so far (you know, numbers that are partly imaginary, like the solution to x^2 + 3 = 0) but I won't talk about them. I tried to explain it all to Richard and then, in penance, had to listen to the entire workings of x-wing and y-wing fighters and a rundown of the arguments in favour of both, so I have learnt my lesson. I am the only one who finds maths fascinating.

Last weekend I worked on the flat some more. I actually got to do some painting this time!

On Monday Richard and I failed to meet up with Baz for the unsuccessful sheep exchange and on Tuesday Sophie came over so that I could fail to give her the sheep. It was lots of fun, we drew up a big list of all the things I need to take with me for university and I teased Sophie about her irresistableness. On Wednesday I was on Richard's doorstep again and we discussed current affairs and exchanged opinions on them. Today is Thursday and I am going shopping with my dad for university equipment. On Friday I will commence my packing, which will continue over Saturday and Sunday, interupted only by a dinner party on Saturday and church on Sunday. Monday is last minute packing day, and when Richard gets his braces, and our final farewell. Tuesday I leave home, London, all my friends, my family, my beloved boyfriend, everything I've ever known, for a new life as a student in Oxford. Am I scared? Absolutely terrified doesn't even come close.

5 Comments:

  • At 3:11 PM, Blogger David Jani said…

    West Wickham used to be nice but now its turned into somewhat of a rathole

     
  • At 4:23 PM, Blogger Dauve said…

    "Richard, by now getting really into the whole drinking alcohol thing, drank both the Smirnoff Ice I'd got for him and most of the one I'd got for me as well"

    He calls himself a dud!?!? Well, at least he makes up for it by knowing more about Star Wars than I do.

     
  • At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Noooo you are leaving too soon I must see you before you leave indeed but I guess you are busy with Richard.....
    Helen xxx

     
  • At 9:44 AM, Blogger Chard said…

    "(because lying on your back staring up at a bare bulb is not fun)"

    Would it not help the innuendo of that statement if I mentioned that my light is almost directly above my bed?

     
  • At 1:31 PM, Blogger Lewis said…

    Maths joke: x^3+2x-3 walks into a pub and says 'Can I have a cheese sandwich?'
    'No,' the barman says 'I'm afraid we don't serve functions.'

     

Post a Comment

<< Home