the duckyblog

Thursday, June 03, 2004

Fame

I've just been having a competition with my sisters, my lodger and my mother as to who has the best claim to fame. Several girls in my year have famous relatives or famous boyfriends, but I have neither of these and so have to make the best with what the hand of fate has dealt me. Eventually my mother won the competition for having been interviewed by Jeremy Paxman on newsnight, but I thought I had by far the most original entries.

1) My friend goes to school with Rochelle from S club 8.
My friend also tells me that a group of boys from their 6th form have a bet going to be the first to sleep with all the girls from S club 8. Apparently one of them has already bedded two of the girls but no-one has won yet, which is a good thing too cause some of the girls are about 11 and, quite frankly, it's really manky! oh! and my drama teacher also used to teach drama to Rochelle from S club 8.

2) I nearly met a bloke who used to be on Grange Hill.
This was at a church thing. There was a bloke there who looked really familiar, and as the evening went on I became convinced I knew him and had gone to school with him or something. As the evening drew to a close I decided to go up to him and introduce myself and I said so to a friend of mine, who promptly told me that I didn't know him but had, in fact, seen him on Grange Hill. Needless to say, I didn't go up to him after that.

3) I was laughed at by Royalty.
I was in the Golden Jubilee parade a couple of years ago (quite why I, as a republican, was chosen I don't know) and we had to march along for hours wearing luminous yellow t-shirts and waving flags. At one point we had to march past all the royal family assembled on a podium and I happened to be at the front of the crowd. As I approached, Prince William looked at me, then turned to Harry, whispered something, pointed at me, and they both laughed! Oh the indignity of it all.

Surely that should beat one measly tv appearance with Paxman!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger JAJ said…

    Strange that just when I have posted a post called FAME you should do the same thing?

     
  • At 12:51 PM, Blogger Chard said…

    I'm not sure as to how you equate being laughed at by royalty to an interview with Jeremy Paxman.

    As for the S Club 8 and Grange Hill connections, you really think they'll break the ice as a respectable gathering?

    Now, my laugh on Black Books on channel 4 on the other hand... :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home