the duckyblog

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Finally, the last installment of the Shepton Mallet Saga

So where was I? Oh yes

Day 4 - Results day

After 6 hours travelling (by taxi, coach, tube, car and foot) I finally arrived at school an hour and a half after my predicted ETA. Everyone had already been and gone apart from my beloved Sophie who waited and waited, keeping the school updated on my progress ("She's in Bristol... Victoria... Brixton... Just around the corner"). Anyway, I arrived and walked into the school office to be met by grinning teachers and the school photographer who, if I didn't mind, was going to take a picture of me with my results. At this point I gathered that I had probably done fairly well and I opened my results to see that I had, in fact, done as follows:

Biology - A
Chemistry - A
Physics - A
Maths - A
Politics - A

Which was fine with me. It was what I expected to get and would have to have done really badly not to get so my results weren't about whether I'd done well or badly, they were just whether I'd completely failed or done ok. I was pleased with my physics results, not terribly happy about my politics ones and I probably could have done a bit better in all my subjects. I think the photographer was a little dissappointed at my lack of crying and screaming, the only comment I actually made about my results was "oh rats! I got a B in one of my biology modules". It's all over now though, I am in to Oxford and very pleased about it.

After the results we took Sophie back to my house where we had Sarah and Sarah over for some celebratory pizza and ice cream and I phoned up everyone to compare results, then it was back to Shepton Mallet.

6 hours later I finally got back and was met by Richard, to whom I communicated the good news, before going for a celebratory cup of hot chocolate at his parents' tent (Thank you Ian and Jane) and then bed. Oh what a wild life I lead!

Day 5 - Friday

Today I was pursuaded to go to the last 10 minutes of a Tim Hughes seminar before having a nice chat about sex and masturbation in one of the cafes.

That evening (after an emotional last service) we all went and boogied in chasers then stayed up really late in the chillout tent until I was carried to bed by Mark and Chris Greenhouse (awww).

On saturday we packed up and went home and I'VE DONE IT!!!!! I'VE FINALLY FINISHED SOUL SURVIVOR!!!!!!!

The next week I started going out with Richard again (on Tuesday 24th August), then went to Wales for a week and used up all my credit calling Richard and now I can start on the events of the past week.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:45 PM, Blogger JAJ said…

    Excuse me but I object to your use of the term everyone...I was not called and told your results nor was I asked how I did in my A-levels. As I now know how you did...I shall say...CONGRATULATIONS!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home