the duckyblog

Thursday, June 17, 2004

Exams

I suppose I ought to say something now about the exams I've been doing.

I had maths yesterday and two physics exams today. Maths was fairly straightforward, physics was a bit more difficult but nothing too hard.

Anyway, today I finally got a birthday present for my friend (Georgina, if you're reading this, I'm really sorry it's so late). It was her birthday in May but I've never been good at being on time with things. I generally arrive slightly late for all events. I do try my best to get there on time but I never seem to manage it, and I prefer to be late anyway. I find when you get to things early then you spend a lot of time trying to look busy and pretending you're not just standing around like a lemon waiting for your friends to arrive. If you're late then the fun has usually already started and all that you have to do is join in.

I can't remember the last time I was early (or on time even) for anything. I have a boyfriend at the moment and I have failed to turn up on time for a single one of our dates. My friends now tell me to turn up 10 minutes before they want me there. I generally aim to catch the train before the one I actually catch and I have been known to miss up to three trains on the way to an event.

I guess I've just never been good at estimating how long it takes me to get ready for things, and there always seems to be better things to do. Sometimes I even deliberately arrange to be late for things, just so I don't have to be early.

All this has two exceptions, Have I got News for You and Big Brother. I can be on time for them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home