the duckyblog

Saturday, June 26, 2004

Sophie, I promise you...

Today I made a resolution. This will be a very difficult thing for me to keep but I shall try my very best. Anyway, here it is:

I will never be late again

And just what inspired me to make this resolution? Well, perhaps it was the fact that I had to stand outside Streatham odeon for 40 minutes waiting for my poor boyfriend who had got stuck in Balham by some kind of train fault and eventually walked half way across south london to get to me. It was HORRIBLE!!!! You just sort of stand there pretending to be doing something (I sent one real texts, typed several pretend texts, and made several phone calls to various friends to bemoan my fate). You try not to look around too much, because when he finally turns up you don't want to be caught gazing desparately around frantically trying to spot anyone who looks like they might be pursuaded to go and see a film with you. Not only was I very much reminded of the reason why I'm always late, but I was almost overcome by a terrible sense of guilt at the realisation that this is what I have put my friends (especially Sophie, I'm sooo sorry) through incessantly for the entire time they have known me.

One occasion that I am now particularly remorseful over is the time that I arranged to meet Sophie to go bowling. The appointed time came and went and I still had not yet left my house. Sophie called to ask where I was, at which point I couldn't bring myself to tell her of my abysmal failure to get ready and assured her I would be there very soon. I knew she would call again when I did not materialise and I would be forced to confess my tardiness so (and this is dreadful I know) I SWITCHED MY PHONE OFF!!! Thereby leaving Sophie stranded in an unknown bowling alley with no way of contacting me. I did eventually arrive 45 minutes late and we began to bowl, but Sophie I am soooooooooooooooo sorry. And you have my word that from now on I am turning over a new leaf.

Oh, and a point of interest. Last night Will had a pint of beer poured over him by an ex-girlfriend and was strangely reticent as to the reason why (he only told me of the incident to explain why he was wearing his friend's clothes as opposed to his). Who wants to start the guessing on what he did to her to make her so mad...

5 Comments:

  • At 1:49 PM, Blogger Chard said…

    Hmm, no theories from the me, but hope he doesnt repeat it mmmmkay?

     
  • At 11:43 PM, Blogger JAJ said…

    Umm...I was at the bowling alley too you know...I don't see you apologising to me...and what about all those concerts you've arrived at by the skin of you teeth??

    JAJ

    ps..we're going in a limo he heeee

     
  • At 10:28 PM, Blogger Chard said…

    I didnt know the skin of your teeth was a method of transport JAJ

    Oh i crack me up...

     
  • At 10:39 PM, Blogger JAJ said…

    Glad you crack someone up!!!!!! *sticks out tongue*

     
  • At 10:41 PM, Blogger JAJ said…

    Sarah..any explanation for why you were the last one to arrive for the leavers ceremony, at the very last minute!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home